A UK provider of interactive offender technology solutions for in prisons and in the community.
- Assisted this provider of software to prisons enter the Australian market through market research and partner qualification. See media release detailing their recent success in supplying to Australia’s largest prison which was a direct result of our work.
Through our partnership with Invest NI Foley delivered tailored market research and Business matching into the private prison sector in Australia for Core Systems. This project was undertaken to provide Core Systems with access to strategic information that would assist them in winning business in Australia, gain a better understanding of their competitors activities and obtain clarity regarding current and future opportunities. The Business Matching provided them with qualified meetings with interested parties in Australia
Market Sector associated with the Service: Digital, ICT and Creative Industries
Project objectives and detail of the export project undertaken:
There were several components to this market research project. In consultation with Invest NI and Core Systems the following objectives were identified:
- Research into private prison operators
- Identify and connect with the four leading consulting companies for new prison builds in Australia
- Investigate GTL, Eircom presence in Australia and anything else related to the CSNSW phone tender (a New South Wales government tender)
- Research on upcoming tenders/opportunities in Australia and New Zealand
- Potential partner research
- Analysis of third sector organisations
- Competitor research
- Analysis of the ‘youth at risk’ market in Australia
- Business matching with end-customers and strategic partners
This specific project required Foley to conduct extensive primary and secondary market research and conduct workshops with the client to discuss the findings. Foley’s experience in analysing market opportunities for international SMEs and summarising this information to assist them enter the Australian market ensured that the intelligence gathered was up-to-date, accurate and appropriate.
After working with Foley to identify and pursue opportunities in the private prison sector Core Systems won and delivered a significant project working on Australia’s largest prison complex – Grafton Prison.
Core Systems has been working with Foley on an ongoing basis for multiple years through the Invest NI Trade Advisory Program. In that time Foley has assisted with market research, facilitated in-country meetings with government and private sector end-clients and helped us identify and connect with local teaming partners. They have also acted as a formal proxy representative for us, attending tender briefings and teaming partner meetings (prison systems) on our behalf. With Foley’s help we have secured significant new business in the region and were successful in winning a key role in a prestigious project, which is the largest and most technically advanced Prison complex in the country. We feel that Foley are proactive and supportive trade partners and we consider them to be an extension of our team in the Australian market.