Advanced Food Products (AFP), based in New Holland Pennsylvania, is a US market leader in the manufacture and supply of aseptically packaged sauces, dips and desserts, supplying into major retail, food service and hospitality sectors worldwide.
In support of their participation in the Pennsylvania Trade Mission to Australia and New Zealand (Mar-Apr 2019), our office worked with their Export Sales Manager to prepare a tailored B2B schedule of appointments, providing the company with the opportunity to present to the key buyers and product development teams at major supermarkets, chain convenience stores and food service distribution companies in Sydney, Melbourne and Auckland (New Zealand).
Highlights include B2B appointments with the relevant buyers and product development managers at:
- Coles Supermarkets, meeting incl. 5+ product development leaders in the private label development team. One of Australia’s largest food retailers
- Food Works, meeting with relevant Manage for Private Label segment
- Manassen Foods, meeting with Head of Business Development, and BDM
- Zambrero Restaurants, meeting with Supply Chain and Innovation Manager
- Ezy Mart, meeting with CEO and Director of Strategy
- Bin Food (NZ), meeting with GM, National Procurement, Category Manager, and Head of Marketing, Exclusive Brands
- Food Stuffs (NZ), meeting with National Private Label Manager
Restaurant Brands (NZ), meeting with Snr. Demand Planner, and Planning and Procurement Manager
Our office was successful in scheduling thirteen (13) high value meetings on behalf of AFP, and since the visit they have made new sales to the region.
As part of the project delivery, our office prepared and submitted an initial long list of meeting targets, and qualified each organisation to assess their suitability, interest in, and availability to meet the week of the Trade Mission. Prior to arriving in Australia, the company received a detailed Schedule of Appointments document, complete with logistics recommendations and contact details. Our office also supported AFP in-country, by traveling to Melbourne with them, by attending some of the key meetings to make sure the appointments ran smoothly and that all sides were clear on expectations and follow up items.
We then assisted with follow-up on both sides to ensure all parties were clear on next steps and to respond to any queries that resulted from the meetings. We continue to support AFP in-country.